Are you experiencing difficulties adjusting the brightness on your HP Probook 440 G4 laptop using the Fn key? If so, you’re not alone. Many users have encountered this frustrating issue, accompanied by the error message “No projects support the ‘serve’ target.” In this blog post, we will guide you through the troubleshooting process to help you resolve this error and regain control over your brightness settings.
Update HP Drivers Keeping your drivers up to date is essential for the smooth functioning of your hardware components. An outdated Hotkey Driver could be the cause of the Fn key not working for brightness control. Follow these steps to update your HP drivers:
- Visit the official HP website using your web browser.
- Look for the HP Driver Update Application, which simplifies the driver update process.
- Download and install the application according to the provided instructions.
- Run the application and let it scan your system for outdated drivers.
- If the application detects an outdated Hotkey Driver, proceed with updating it.
- The application will download and install the latest version of the driver, ensuring compatibility and improved functionality.
Restart HP Hotkey UWP Service The HP Hotkey UWP Service plays a crucial role in enabling the functionality of the Fn key on your HP Probook 440 G4 laptop. Follow these steps to stop and restart the service:
- Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type “services.msc” and press Enter to access the Services window.
- Locate the HP Hotkey UWP Service in the list.
- Right-click on the service and select “Stop” from the context menu.
- Wait for a few moments, then right-click on the service again and select “Start” to restart it.
- After restarting the service, try using the Fn key to adjust the brightness.
Alternative Solutions If updating the Hotkey Driver and restarting the HP Hotkey UWP Service did not resolve the issue, there are a few alternative solutions you can try:
- Update the BIOS: Visit the HP website and download the latest BIOS update for your laptop model. Follow the provided instructions to update the BIOS, as this can sometimes fix compatibility issues.
- Perform a system reset: Back up your important files and perform a system reset to restore your laptop to its original state. This can help resolve any software-related issues that may be causing the Fn key problem.
By updating your HP drivers and restarting the HP Hotkey UWP Service, you can overcome the “HP Hotkey UWP Service: Fn is not working for brightness increasing/decreasing” error on your HP Probook 440 G4 laptop. Remember to visit the official HP website for driver updates and follow the provided instructions carefully. If the issue persists, consider exploring alternative solutions such as updating the BIOS or performing a system reset. We hope this guide has helped you regain control over your brightness settings. Feel free to share your experiences or ask further questions in the comments section below.