I apologize for the seemingly duplicate issue posting but I can’t seem to find someone who has come across my specific issue and resolved it. This post got close but I did everything they did.
here’s where I’m at:
- migrated a wp site to an aws server running ubuntu 18
- rewrite mod is enabled
- site is in /home/ubuntu/sites/my-wp-site
- site dir is owned by www-data
- site’s virtual hosts file has the necessary "Directory" section with "AllowOverride All" set
- site’s .htaccess file has the rewrite rules set by the permalinks settings in the ui
- apache2 config also has the "AllowOverride All" set for a "Directory" section pointed at /home/ubuntu/sites
What am I missing?