I am unable to share Wi-Fi passwords from my iPhone to one of my Macs. Let’s call the affected Mac "Mac A". I am able to share passwords from my iPhone to "Mac B" and I am also able to share passwords with my contacts from my iPhone. I am able to share Wi-Fi passwords from "Mac A" to my iPhone, but not the other way around.
When I try to share a password from any device (but using my iPhone as an example) to "Mac A" the iPhone says "Sharing" for about 30 seconds and then shows "Password Not Shared" "There was a problem sharing your Wi-Fi password." I’ve added a screenshot of the error, just in case that’s of use.
I’ve tried to fix this by:
- Signing out of iCloud on all of my devices
- "Forgetting" Wi-Fi networks from all of my devices
- Restarting all devices
- Sign in to iCloud on my iPhone
- Connect to my home Wi-Fi network from my iPhone
- Connect "Mac A" to the internet via Ethernet
- Sign in to iCloud on "Mac A"
- Disconnect Ethernet
- Attempt to connect to my home Wi-Fi network on "Mac A"
However, I get the same error. I’ve also tried resetting "network settings" on my iPhone and then going through the above steps, but that didn’t change anything. I kind of didn’t expect this to help as the issue appears to be with "Mac A".
I don’t know what else to try next with this. Does any one have any ideas on what to try?