Ultra-wide monitor specs:
34 inch WHFD (2560 x 1080) IPS Display (21:9) – HD 10 AMD Free sync
Arch linux with Openbox (lightdm)
- Managed to get 2560×1080 pixels with "hdmi_enable_4kp60=1" in /boot/config.txt but the default DPI is less meaning that text and icons are too small.
- When playing video in full screen mode with aspect ratio beyond 720p , it’s not smooth as if its skipping frames but still plays, but plays smoothly when played at 720p or below.
- No audio over HDMI, not sure what I am missing in config.txt
Required information given below, please ask any addition info needed.
Thank you in advance 🙂
[xxx@archlinux ~]$ xdpyinfo | grep -B2 resolution
- screen #0:
- dimensions: 2560×1080 pixels (677×286 millimeters)
- resolution: 96×96 dots per inch
- initramfs initramfs-linux.img followkernel