eceived a prompt informing me that I can upgrade to Ubuntu 19.10 (I’m currently running 19.04).
I started the upgrade however I had some issues with MySQL, which in turn broke the upgrade. I waited and the upgraded attempted to recover the itself by restarting the
mysql-server related section, however, the same error came back. The upgrade finally completed but said there were some issues.
neofetch and got the following output which showed the new
I then got a popup regarding the
mysql-server install failure:
After a few seconds I was greeted with another popup regarding
Since writing this, attempting to grab the screenshots above, the screenshot app failed to open and then the app launcher failed to search for anything, so, I waited and then got the following crash error too regarding the
I managed to fix the GUI by running the following command in my terminal (which thankfully was already open from running
gnome-shell --replace & disown
Appreciate that I may need to paste logs for anyone to assist with this, however, if you could specify information you’d need in a comment I will update the question accordingly. I don’t want to paste lots of unnecessary log info if it isn’t beneficial to the question.
Someone can help me fix these issues. I’m not a complete newbie when it comes to Linux however I’m only familiar with basic commands and my knowledge of the ins and outs of Ubuntu is fairly minimal.
EDIT 2 Output of
sudo apt install --fix-missing
sudo apt install --fix-missing [sudo] password for matt: Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required: example-content g++-8 geoclue geoclue-ubuntu-geoip gir1.2-mutter-4 libc++abi1-8 libcrystalhd3 libdouble-conversion1 libgeoclue0 libglade2-0 libigdgmm5 libllvm8 libllvm8:i386 liblvm2app2.2 liblvm2cmd2.02 libmutter-4-0 libmysqlclient20 libnm-glib4 libnm-gtk0 libnm-util2 libpoppler85 libreoffice-avmedia-backend-gstreamer libstdc++-8-dev libtagc0 libwireshark11 libwiretap8 libwsutil9 libx265-165 linux-headers-5.0.0-36 linux-headers-5.0.0-36-generic linux-image-5.0.0-36-generic linux-modules-5.0.0-36-generic linux-modules-extra-5.0.0-36-generic mysql-client python-appindicator python-attr python-automat python-cairo python-certifi python-chardet python-click python-colorama python-constantly python-glade2 python-gobject python-gobject-2 python-gtk2 python-hyperlink python-idna python-incremental python-libtorrent python-notify python-numpy python-openssl python-pyasn1 python-pyasn1-modules python-pygame python-requests python-service-identity python-twisted-bin python-twisted-core python-urllib3 python-zope.interface Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them. 0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 4 not to upgrade.
sudo apt autoremove and then
sudo apt install --fix-missing:
sudo apt install --fix-missing Reading package lists... Done Building dependency tree Reading state information... Done 0 to upgrade, 0 to newly install, 0 to remove and 6 not to upgrade.