The edit post permalink button is totally removed ( not hidden with css ) from the edit view – but the slug is still editable from both the Quick Edit view and also via the "slug" panel which I can show from Screen Options.
I am looking for some hints ( wp filters or JS perhaps ) which will help me locate the code which is removing this feature.
Checking the other post types, I can edit permalinks normally on pages.
Things I have done:
- reset all user permissions, this made no difference.
- check how post types are registered
- Check post type supports calls for changes to the Post post type
- Looked at other CPT’s I have registered, some which have the permalink disabled by returning false for rewrite ( but this totally removes the permalink feature )
- Checked as many other obvious places I can
- Checked ACF group settings in case any were set-up to hide permalinks
Things I will do, if no handy search hints help me locate the issue:
- Turn off plugins / themes one by one and try to locate the issue.
Edit Post view:
Quick Edit view:
Post edit slug meta box:
Edit page view:
CPT with rewrite => false: