Python does not work in PowerShell anymore.
I’ve never had any problems, until recently. CMD still recognizes the
py command, but powershell doesn’t recognize any of the basic python commands:
My problem occured after I installed MinGW and added its path to the Path variable.
I have restarted my computer many times, while trying new things.
Things I’ve tried:
- I have tried removing MinGW from the Path variable.
- I have tried uninstalling MinGW.
- I have tried reinstalling python.
- I have tried manually adding the Python path.
- I have tried letting Python automatically add my Python path.
- I have tried adding the Python path to both the user environment variables and the system variables.
- I have tried running PowerShell as administrator.
Finally, this is what my Path variable looks like now:
C:\Program Files\Python38\Scripts;C:\Program Files\Python38;C:\Program Files\Scripts;C:\Program Files;C:\Program Files (x86)\Scripts;C:\Program Files (x86);C:\Program Files (x86)\Razer Chroma SDK\bin;C:\Program Files\Razer Chroma SDK\bin;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\Windows\System32\OpenSSH;C:\Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;C:\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NVIDIA NvDLISR;C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Common;